Monday, October 22, 2007

Cocktail Mondays: The Cosmopolitan

The Cosmopolitan gets a bad rap because of its association with that TV show (a show that I actually really enjoy, though I can certainly find plenty to criticize), but it's quite a nice drink. I believe there are several variations on the proportions, but here's what I'm drinking:

The Cosmopolitan
2 shots vodka
2 shots cranberry juice
1 shot fresh lime juice (I cheat and use RealLime)
3/4 shot Triple Sec

Shake with ice and strain into cocktail glass. You're also supposed to garnish with a twist, but hey, let's be serious.

It should be a light, pretty pink, as pictured here. If you order a Cosmo in a bar and they serve you a red drink, you should stick with beer at that bar.

Cross-posted at What the Hell is Wrong with You?.

1 comment:

comebacknikki said...

My favorite girly drink! Yay! :)