Monday, February 12, 2007

Cocktail Mondays: The Manhattan

Mmmm, it's like a bourbon martini. Warms you right up on a cold day, and makes you feel so much more friendly towards the annoying masses. Also, most bartenders can be trusted to get this one right.


The Manhattan

2 parts good bourbon (I like Knob Creek)
1 part sweet vermouth
dash bitters

Shake over ice and strain into cocktail glass. Garnish with maraschino cherry. I like to add a spoonful of the cherry juice, too.

Cross-posted at What the Hell is Wrong with You?

3 comments:

Canada said...

It looks pretty. I just don't know of I like bourbon (my only experience being a very bad mint julep). I'll let you know if I try it.

Anonymous said...

My favourite drink! Here in W. Canada, we make it with Canadian Club whiskey. In Chicago I used to drink a Brandy Manhattan. I can't wait to try the bourbon version.

Repressed Librarian said...

This is my first foray over here to Books 'n' Booz, and I must say, so far your books to booze ratio is a little out of balance :-)